Followers

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Butterflies and Petite Petals

Good morning, it is a lovely bright & sunny morning her in Lincolnshire (even if I had to scrap the ice from the car this morning LOL).

I received my second order from Stampin' Up! last week and have been having a good play with all of my new card/stamps and other stuff...  another order went in today and I cant wait for it to arrive at the end of the week - I have another list of thinks I want to try.

However in the mean time here is a card I made yesterday evening for a friend, it features both Butterflies (from the Papillon Potpourri  stamp set) and Petite Petals.  This was my first totally 'Stampin' Up!' card, and after a quick look at the colour coach for ideas, I love the way it looks.



The card base was Crumb Cake (1/2 sheet of A4, cut length ways). The images were stamped using Black Stazon onto Very Vanilla card stock and coloured using Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango & Daffodil Delight, I used the Aqua Painter to colour each of the images before cutting out with the Elegant Butterfly, Bitty Butterfly and Petite Petals punches.  I do like the way the butterflies have curled their wings... I think this is due to me punching them out when the card was still slightly damp from using the Aqua Painter :)

The sentiment was from Teeny Tiny Wishes and was cut out using the Word Window punch, the edges were then sponged with Daffodil Delight.

The card was finished with a insert of Very Vanilla, also sponged round the edges with Daffodil Delight.

Happy Crafting :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the box of Butterflies as my mother day card. lots of love.

    ReplyDelete