Followers

Tuesday 7 May 2013

National Scrapbook Day 2013



Saturday seems a very long time away now, and it is only Tuesday! However I did promise to include some pictures of our National Scrapbooking Day crop on 4th May, so here goes...

First of all I must say that the SkelliScrapers had set ourselves a challenge - Create a A-Z album (6x6) for any topic of your choice.

Preparation could be done before 4 May, but you could not assemble any pages in advance.  You had from the 4th May to 18 May to complete your album.  Each of us paid £1 to take part and on Saturday 18 May all albums would be judged (at another groups crop) and the winner would get the prize money.

The challenge was set back in Feb/March so we had plenty of time for planning - I had decided that I would create a A-Z of ME.

My planning consisted on creating a A4 folder with a sheet for each letter, working out what each letter would stand for and what I wanted to include in the journalling.  For each letter I had printed out the journalling and cut it to shape (using my Labels 7 die set), cut out the letters required using a 'Go Kreate' alphabet die.  I also sorted out what background paper I wanted to use, printed any photos, cut any matts & sorted out what embellishments to use.

The good news with this album is that I have been able to use 6x6 paper pads I already had sitting on the shelf along with odd scraps - in total I only used about 4 x A4 pieces of card stock :)

All I had to do on the day was to pull everything together.  Despite this I was not expecting to have completed all 26 layouts in 6 hours - after all that would mean approx 1 layout every 14 minutes!!!

Here are a few photos taken on the day:

Organisation in action - This is the page for 'F' my Title letters, journalling, photos, matts and embellishments are all in the money bag for safe keeping.
Naomi, Ann & Sue F
Sue H & Emma
 We all made good progress with our albums, here was the last letter I completed on the day:
YES, I managed to complete all 26 layouts - and we stopped for a lunch break!
My planning payed off, all I have left to do now is create a title page.  As these 6x6 layouts are going to be part of my "Book of Me" 4 of the alphabet layouts have been mounted onto a 12x12 page.

I will be taking photos of the 12x12 pages, I have not got around to it yet, but I will post them here once I  have.





No comments:

Post a Comment