Followers

Saturday 2 June 2012

Cards for Men Workshop

On Tuesday this week I went along to LLinda's Card & Crafts in Laneham, Notts for a all day workshop creating Cards for Men.

The whole idea was to buy and then use stamps from the 'Creative Stamping' (Issue 4) magazine to create cards using a selection of techniques. 

Here are the cards we created and a brief description of the techniques used:

Resist Technique - Using distress inks over the Boy & Football images which had been covered in Versa Mark ink & heat embossed.  We also used distress inks to create the effect around the Boy, using a brush as well as Cut & Dry Foam.
Partial Cut & Stamping onto Acetate - The drum set was stamped onto acetate and heat embossed with black powder & colour was added to the back of the image.  The aperture was cut and I slot crated at the back of the card, the drums are mounted to look as if they are sat on a stage.
Colouring with Distress Inks & Adding water - The card was stamped using distress inks and before the ink had dried we used a piece of kitchen roll to smudge the ink around the image.  For the background we stamped the script in Memento ink before screwing the paper into a ball and then flattening it out again.  The distress ink was added to the paper & wet with a spray, we then dried using a heat gun and added 'splats' of colour using the Distress Stains. 
I think this card is my favourite from all of those I created.

Brayer & embossing Powers - This card was another first for me, I had never used a Brayer before (but I don't think the background turned out too bad). The motorbike was embossed & coloured using distress ink & the embossing powers were used to create the 'road' & 'flowers' in the grass. 
Stepper Card & PVA glue with acrylic paint - This cracked technique was fun (and very messy) to create :)  we painted the mount board with a layer of acrylic paint (I used the light blue) once dry we covered with a layer of PVA glue and then while still wet added another layer of acrylic paint - we then dried with a heat gun.  According to Linda the crackle is due to the glue & paint drying at different speeds - but I think it looks great. 
This last card did not get finished as we ran out of time, however I now just have to find an image that would look good on the background - any ideas?????

Well I don't think we did bad for a day crafting LOL & I got to learn several new techniques, which is even better.

1 comment:

  1. I love them all Helen & what fab inspiration for men's card! Looks like a fun day! x

    ReplyDelete