Followers

Wednesday 23 May 2012

WOYWW - 23 May 2012

I can't believe it is Wednesday again, and this week there is a difference.  The sun is due to shine & we might have the hottest day of the year so far :)  Yesterday we reached 24oC: the washing dried in no time & we cut the lawn.

I have not got creative with the way in which i have taken the picture of my workdesk today, but it's contents are very creative LOL.  To see more examples of Creativity (or to just be nosy) have a look at the Stamping Ground Blog.


I have had an idea for a while but I was trying to think how to make it work, I think I have now figured it out!  I cut out the 'Tree' from my Memory Box die & I wanted to use the cutout as a mask.  I had tried to use acetate sheets, but they were all creased & did not cut fully :(  I then decided to just use card stock, this did work.

Then using my distress inks I had a play on a left over bit of paper... I tried using my 'Cut & Dry Felt' but only managed to damage the die cut, so I decided to use the little 'finger foam thing' (I can't remember the real name' from Stampin' Up) to apply the ink - this did work well :)

After trying this technique with both the negative & positive image I think I prefer the effect of the Positive image (using Scattered Straw ink).


10 comments:

  1. It all sounds very complicated to me but glad you got the result you wanted in the end. Looks good
    Famfa 126

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the positive version best too - looks very effective.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stencilling! and now you have a fab coloured die cut too!! Trish #51

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you had fun experimenting
    have a fab woyww
    kay #33

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definately like the straw colored one! The lenghts that we go through for our craft! Thanks for sharing! Have a great woyww!-Amanda x89

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous stencilling.. Love that tree.. great ink choice! it all looks fab... Hugs May x x x#30

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab, I think you've done a grand job with the die. Take care & enjoy WOYWW, hoping your Thursday is a lovely one! Zo xx 80

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're thinking of the "sponge dauber", lol! Funny name, isn't it! Loving your trees.

    Jeannie #75

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tree die stencil.You could use Pan Pastels to gently go over the die template.Leaves a lovely soft image. I have just got started using Pan Pastels.I LOVE them!!
    Judy #5

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep I agree the positive looks the best, good to see people go outside the norm and try something different.

    Eliza #49
    http://queenartoypia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete