Followers

Saturday 21 April 2012

Happy Birthday

Today is my sisters Birthday :)

As this year I am trying to make individual cards for everyone I set about work on her card.  Now 'P' loves her animals (so much so that she owns & runs a pet shop), so the theme of the card was easy.

While at the NEC I visited the Hougie Crafts stands and had a look at the Design House Decoupage Sheets - I love their designs and they are so easy to cut out.  I found that they had 2 sets of sheets featuring West Highland Terriers, as 'P' has 2 of this breed & the images were sooo cute I decided that I just had to have them.

So earlier this week I sat down and cut out the decoupage images (although they provide layers for 1 image, I tend to split them to create 2). Once cut I used my Pinflair Gell and left them to dry.

As the decoupage sheets come with backing paper as well I started to have a play with card layouts & colours.  In the end I was able to create 2 cards, 1 would be sent to 'P' for her birthday, the other would remain in my card box until required.

Happy Birthday 'P'

A spare card for later

No comments:

Post a Comment