Followers

Sunday 4 March 2012

Home Alone With My ProMarkers

I know that it is unusual for me to post on a Sunday evening, but I'm home alone.  DH has driven down to London this afternoon/evening as he needs to be there for tomorrow morning, and will be back on either Tuesday or Wednesday.

So I have spent this afternoon/evening after he left organising my ProMarkers... when I started collecting them the 'Letraset Wallets' worked well, however now I have a greater collection it was very frustrating having to constantly open/close the wallets to find a colour pen I was looking for - not to mention the space element of having several wallets open at any one time!

I had to come up with a different way of storing them!  I did a bit of research on the Internet looking at the different types of storage other people use and found that there was many alternatives.  Many were cost or space prohibitive, I did like the idea of using some sort of storage box I just had to find the right one!!!!

Eventually I found a 'Really Useful Box' that I thought would work, however it was one with an opening end (designed for storing shoes in) - but I though I could get around this.  Once I got the box home it sat by the desk for a couple of weeks, as I was having problems in working out how to store the pens in the box.  I wanted a way of keeping them in colour order.

After DH had left for London today I started to have a play with different alternatives: I tried to make 'ledges' in the box to sit the pens on - this did not work; after looking on line I tried to use Toilet Roll Holders to keep the pens together - this did not work either; I attempted to create dividers - again I could not get this to work either.

I then had a brain wave... A5 poly pockets!!!!!!  I had found an answer that worked :-)

First I cut the height of the poly pockets down to 14cm and cut a piece of white card to 14.5cm x 13cm to fit inside the pocket (to give it a bit of 'back bone').  Using the computer I created a Colour Chart & matching insert labels, the insert label was stuck onto one of the inserts and placed in the pocket.  I could then put the named pens (9 in each pocket) into the pocket & as my collection grows I will fill up the space left in the pockets (only 1 pocket is completely full!).

Ok, I have waffled enough, so time for a few pictures of the finished thing:

This is my whole ProMarker Collection - I still need to add coloured dots to my newest pens

One of the pockets, containing 3 pens.

One of the Inserts, with the details of the pens in this insert

My new Colour Chart

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finding a storage solution that works for you. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't easily find the pen/colour you want.

    Happy colouring Helen.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete