Followers

Thursday 6 October 2011

Crafty Evening

Last night was Crop Night... and a very good evening it was too :)

As you may have noticed by now my craft style is very "Less is More" and I don't 'do' fussy and complicated (it hurts my brain too much!)

At the last Crop I started on a layout of my Nephew on his Balance Bike, trying to find any embellishments that fitted was so hard - and ended up being impossible.  So I decided to do something I had never done before... Paper Applique (using paper to build a picture)!!

Using a image of a balance bike (which was the wrong colour) I cut out the different elements (frame, seat, wheels) and used them to create a patten which I cut in paper, add a few buttons and it was done. Here is the finished Balance Bike...


Once I had created my Balance Bike I went on to create the rest of the Layout, and here it is...

Creating the Bike took me about an hour and I then struggled with the words for the journaling, but got there in the end.

The remainder of the evening was taken up with cutting images from the 'My World' Cricut Cartridge, these will be used on the next layout I have started on.

2 comments:

  1. Wow the paper applique works really well - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less can very definitely be more - well done for your perseverance - the bike looks a perfect replica.

    ReplyDelete