Followers

Thursday 7 July 2011

McDonald's & the Crop

Ok, time for an explanation of the McDonald's paper on last nights photo.

A group of us meet every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month at The Craft Room in Lincoln. Karen opens the shop and we use the craft space on the first floor for the crop, with access to the stock in the shop and a selection of tools.

Last night 4 of us arrived at 6.30pm ready to start work, only Karen arrived late... not a problem, we walked across the road (with large numbers of bags/trolleys etc) to McDonald's for a Cuppa. As we ordered the tray we were given had the Place Matt already on, it featured a alphabet (McDonald's A-Z) so being scrapbookers we asked for extra copies.

A challenge was then issued... to create a layout featuring the Place Matt from McDonald's.

As we were late starting the crop I had a mixed evening, I did complete a Double Layout and I completed the challenge of using the Place Matt. 

My McDonald's layout was very 'Out Side the Box' for me, with individual letters taken from the Place Matt.

The completed McDonald's Place Matt Layout

I decided to use a few letters from the McDonald's A-Z and use my selection of Die Cut frames to cut them out and mat them on the card.  The frame for the journaling was created with the Cricut (I can't remember which cartridge).

The Letter E, taken from the Place Matt

The Letters T & U, taken from the Place Matt

Well it was something different LOL and it did get me thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment